Thursday, June 26, 2014

Milky way time lapse video


I shot the images for this video using my Nikon D5100 DSLR and the 18-55mm kit lens. The camera was set to manual with a white fluro white balance and 20 seconds shutter, f/4 @ ISO3200.

All the photos were processed using Raw Therapee on Linux Mint and encoded to video using Avidemux on Linux Mint.

(I'm getting ready to start a series of articles about photo management & processing using free open source software on the Linux operating system.)

Looking at it now I should have run some sort of de-flicker filter on it before encoding it. Oh well, next time I will have to remember that.

It was an experiment from the back yard in my rather light polluted suburb last night as the sky seemed exceptionally clear.



Here are a couple of other very quick time lapse videos I've done recently.



No comments:

Post a Comment